Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The stakes are higher

I took a blogging hiatus. It was a thing.

After going to NYC for an internship, I'm back at BYU for my last semester. I'm also back at The Universe as the Opinion Editor. Here's my latest Op-ed.

Now, I realize I’m a little extreme. Or a lot extreme. But most students feel those nervous “butterflies” now and again at the beginning of new semesters. It’s because the stakes are higher here, and they get higher each semester. The choices we make the farther we go through college will have a greater influence on our five- and 10-year plans. Many of the choices we are making now will impact us for our entire lives. No wonder the thought of making these decisions makes me ill.
...That’s the most important thing at stake now that we are solely responsible for our choices. What will make up our character? How will we define our lives? You’re deciding how you’re going to live your life.

Read the rest here.

No comments: