Sunday, December 9, 2012

W9: "We love the things we love for what they are.”

Week nine: nine loves

“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” 
― Sarah DessenThe Truth About Forever

1. Family & Friends. they are the people who make up my life. they are the people who stand by me. they are the people i stand by. they are the ones who shape my life and fill my memories. we're not perfect, but we're worth it.

2. Laughing. laughing with family and friends. laughing at movies, books, memes, etc. laughing because you're so happy. laughing because it's so ridiculous that it's comical.

3. Pets. man's best friend. loyalty and unconditional, absolute love.

4. Movies, Television, Music & Books. this is how i entertain myself. this is how i spend my down time. i like to relate. i appreciate the artistry. 

5. Sports. my best friends always came from my sport teams growing up. my siblings and i spent hours of our childhoods playing sports together. i love cheering on my teams and being rowdy.

6. Writing. i love to write my thoughts. i love to tell stories. i live to document my life and the lives of others. i love to create something out of nothing.

7. My job. it's not perfect. it's not easy. it's not without obstacles and annoyances. but it's where i learn. it's where i fit in. it's where i grow. it's where i have fun and friends.

8. Words. language fascinates me. the way we use it; they way it shapes us and the way we shape it. our ability to communicate sets us apart and allows us to be who we are.

9. Love. its reach crosses time and distance and is unstoppable. the ability to love and the magnitude to which we can love is amazing. it should put us in awe how much we can love and what it makes us do. i have a lot give and one day i will find the love my life.


“have you ever been in love? 

horrible isn't it? 
it makes you so vulnerable. 
it opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.”
>neil gaiman, the sandman, vol. 9: the kindly ones






1 comment:

Jessica said...

I like this post! I agree with everything on this list. Except the job one... I don't love my job. haha.

Anyway, I'm following your blog now. So now I'm going to be a creepy stalker. Hope that's okay with you. :)

Jessica
what's in a Name?