Sunday, December 2, 2012

W8: “What you fear most of all is — fear. Very wise.”


Week eight: eight fears


"Quick! Google it, I need to see what my fear is!" 
(In regards to the second fear on this list when I learned how big their wingspans are).


Spiders: The way the move creeps me out. My spider fear is sometimes crippling. I can't kill them because right when I'm about to get them, just a few inches away, I spaz out and can't do it. They're going to jump on me and crawl on me and that is not ok.



---

Large bats: I'm with Batman on this—



Can you imagine that flying at you? I'd lose it. I mean, who wouldn't be scared of that? Plus, it's so Jeepers Creepers-like, and that movie is terrifying.


---



Car accidents: I've been in multiple car accidents. I'm tired of people rear-ending me, especially with Mack trucks on the highway. I have lingering back and shoulder pain from these and a liiiiitttllle bit of PTSD. Sometimes I spaz out in the cars when I feel like I'm about to die. Which I'm usually not about to die, but it sure feels like it. 




---


Capsizing in the boat: We go boating a lot, and when we tube we take it a little extreme. We have tube wars and my dad drives WAY to fast and it's a little terrifying. But we get back on the tube every time. But when I'm not in the tube and am in the boat, I feel like we are about so capsize on every other turn. I know we mostly likely won't. But there have been a couple times when I'm like, "This is it. This is the end of our boat."




---


Being abducted by one of those crazies from Criminal Minds: I love this show and have seen every episode at least twice. But sometimes, every now and then, when I'm home by myself or walking home late at night, all I can think of is "some crazy narcissist, sociopathic, homicidal 'unsub' is going to kidnap me and play out his weird, morbid, torturous fantasies with me and I'm going to die a terrible, painful and terrifying death if Derek, Hotch, JJ, Reid, Emily and Garcia can't save me."



---


Messing up at work and publishing something online completely wrong: I'm an editor; I'm supposed to catch and fix all the mistakes. I know I'm not perfect at my job, but I live in a tiny bit of fear of making a really, really bad mistake that makes The Universe, myself and the reporter look bad.



---



Not being able to figure out what I'm doing this summer about an internship: No, I haven't found one yet. I really need to buckle down and get this take care of, because if I don't it will mess up my entire graduation timeline/plan. I HAVE to do my internship this summer. And it freaks me out to think I could get one.


---



Graduating: Do I even need to explain this one? One year is all I have left at BYU. Annnnddd then, I'm in the real world. By myself. Everything in on me. Kill me now. 


---



“Bran thought about it.
 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,'
 his father told him.”
>george r.r. martin, a game of thrones




1 comment:

Jess said...

Spiders...*shudder*...