Sunday, November 18, 2012

W6: Oh, the places you'll go

Week six: six places

In (mostly) no particular order.

Washington I've lived all over this country, but Washington state (the Puget Sound area) is my absolute favorite. I like the rain. I like the moderate temperatures. I like being able to see Mt. Rainier. I like the trees. I like the lakes. I just like it so very much. I haven't been back since I left when I was 14, and I still miss it. And I can't wait to go back one day (and then never, ever leave). I had a fantastic big group of friends there and we made the best memories. And we're half way decent of keeping in touch from time to time even to this day.

My car Yes, my car. One, I love my car (his name is Kensington). Two, I love driving and jamming to music. I like to be alone in my car and just take a drive to clear my head and sift through my thoughts and feelings to figure things out. And I find the best way I can do that is when I'm driving. I'm going to St. George for Thanksgiving next week and I am really looking forward to the 4 hour drive. 


The South I was born at Ft. Benning, Georgia. When I was in 2nd-4th grade I lived in Savannah, 
Georgia. In 5th grade I lived in Fayetteville, North Carolina and we moved onto Ft. Bragg, North Carolina for 6th and 7th grade. This past summer we moved back to Ft. Benning. Oh, and for two years after I had graduated high school we lived in Montclair, Virginia. I've spent A LOT of time in the South and I love it there. Sure, it's pretty dang hot (I do hate that), but I really like it. I love the accents; I love the people; I love the lakes and rivers; I love the feel there. It's hard to put it into words really. And yes, "y'all" has a high place in my vocabulary.


My bed Oh how I love to sleep (even though it tries to evade me!) But I love my bed. I like to read at night from the comfort of my bed with all my pillows. I love when I'm at home and my dogs sit at the foot of my bed and fall asleep when I'm reading. I like to watch movies and TV on my computer in my bed. I just like to get some good quality time with my bed. Who doesn't?

New York Not the city. Well, not just the city. I lived on Ft. Drum in upstate, northern New York my junior and senior year of high school...and part of the third year my family was there when I wasn't in Utah at school. It's near the small town of Carthage and it rocks. I loved the small town — my school had 900 kids total and there are like 3 lights on main street all the way through Carthage. The people there are great. I met some superb, life-long friends during my years there. I love the woods there. I would go running through trails near my house and it was so peaceful. There are so many things to do (if you just take the time to look) and so many interesting people to meet. The small town feel and camaraderie is awesome. I also do like the city, mainly seeing the shows. I saw Wicked and the Rockettes Christmas performance two years ago and it was amazing. I can't wait to go back to Broadway.

Amusement Parks I love roller coasters. I'm less of a screamer and more of a laugher. I laugh hysterically on rides. I have no idea why. It's just a blast. I love the adrenaline, the speed, the loops, just everything. And I really like the wooden roller coasters. This summer I went to 6 Flags in Atlanta twice, and it was a freaking blast. Especially when I had the "Flash Pass," which meant I could skip the lines and ride each ride twice. It was one of the best days I had that summer (despite even getting stuck on top of a roller coaster for like 15 minutes. If it wasn't so dang hot in the south, it wouldn't have been that bad. I only freaked out a little bit for like one minute). Annnddd now I REALLY want to go on a roller coaster, really really bad.


a place is only as good as the people in it.




No comments: