Friday, October 5, 2012

W2: Your knuckles are bruised from a losing fight

♪♫
Week Two: Two songs

This is tough. I've seriously been pondering what two songs I would post continually through out the week. Why is it hard to pick only two songs? Because I have 3,089 songs on my iPod. I could listen to my music, without any repeats, for 8. straight. days. That's why this is hard. I could list twenty songs, I still don't think I would be satisfied. I listen to music nearly all the time. At night, in the car, at work, doing homework, cleaning, walking around campus and home.

Country music is my love, but I like a lot of other genres and artists too. I had to narrow it down. I knew I had to pick songs either from Kelly Clarkson, Lady Antebellum, Reba, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Anberlin, Blake Shelton, Sugarland or Boys Like Girls . It's safe to say I listen to them the most. I chose not do a song I've already blogged about (I think). Then I went to the most played songs from my iTunes and picked two of those.




I got this song at a time when I definitely didn't think I was going to make it. 
It's helpful to know even in the bleakest of times, 
there is always someone to pick you up and brush you off.


Seriously, I thoroughly enjoy every song on this album. 
Things don't work out how you think they will.
It sucks; let's sing about it and know it sucks for others too.

I am a firm believer in the influence music has in our lives. Music reaches us in a way many other things can't. I've talked about music on my blog before, several times I'm sure. So, I won't go into depth now. But music and lyrics reaches our souls and expresses our emotion clearer than we can come up with on our own sometimes. It can lift us up and it can makes us feel that what we are going through is universal and that we are not alone. I so desperately wish I had musical talents.

“music expresses that which cannot be put into words
and that which cannot remain silent.” 
>victor hugo
♪♫

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very good!