Friday, October 26, 2012

W3: We will stand on principle... or we will not stand at all

I know. I missed Week 3 of the 10 Week Challenge....twice. To be fair, the first weekend I was in Phoenix for older sister, Shannon's, wedding. So I was a bit busy and that was my priority. The second weekend, yes, I missed it again. I kind of forgot/was watching Veronica Mars. Who doesn't absolutely love Kristen Bell?

So, I'm getting back on track.

Week three: three films

My movie obsession is extremely high. Film to me is art. Dialogue and character development in a film can be amazing and relates viewers to the story. Cinematography and special effects can transport you to that place and time. I see a lot of movies. A lot.

I decided to narrow my options to the best three movies I've seen since coming to BYU and subtracting all series (so no Harry Potter or Hunger Games—because they are awesome).

**Easy A.


-Emma Stone is amazing/is my friend Amelia to a T.
-It has some of the best dialogue ever. Funny, quick, smart.
-I laugh SO hard at this movie. The fist time I saw it I watched it twice in 24 hours and I was rolling both times. Movies like Easy A, What Happens in Vegas, Sweet Home Alabama and Baby Mama...they get funnier every time.
-The characters kill me.
-Pulls in the best movies from the 80s. And yes, I have seen all of the ones they talk about in the movie. Classics.





**The Fighter.


-Mark Whalberg, Christain Bale & Amy Adams. I need hardly say more.
-Phenomenal acting.
-Real life: nosy & dysfunctional family, addiction, comedy, heartbreak, underdog story. 
-I laughed so hard at this movie and I also cried a little bit. 
-Seriously one of the best movies all around I have ever seen in my life.





**The Iron Lady



-In a word: obsessed.
-I don't know what it is, but I go on this british kick. The Iron Lady, WE, My Week with Marilyn (the week she filmed in England), The King's Speech all in the same week. 'Twas a glorious week.
-Seen it....6 times. It's grand every time.
-Beautiful acting. Merryl Streep. That's all.
-I am now obsessed with Margaret Thatcher. The world today is in desperate need of more leaders like her.
-Adding it to my DVD collection the next time I go to Target (oh hey, that's where I bought Easy A and The FIghter).






“the whole of life is just like watching a film. 
only it's as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, 
and no-one will tell you the plot, 
so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues.” 
>terry pratchett

No comments: