Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stunned Silence

Back in January I was complaining about January. It's not really my favorite month. I always get really sick in January, Christmas fun just ended, you have to go back to school. I don't know, I just don't really like it, so I was complaining a bit to some people. And my awesome roommate Tara--if you doubt her awesomeness, check this out--Kill them then? Why would I do that?. Anyway, my awesome roommate Tara wisely pointed out what should have been the obvious.


"January is like the Monday of the year."


Stunned silence.


SO true.


I think that makes February and March Tuesday. April would be Wednesday. May=Thursday. June, July, and August would definitely be Friday. September and October are Saturday and November and December would be Sunday.


All I know is that I want it to be Friday. In, the now, both senses of the word, because it's been a long year so far.


I love writing for the paper and covering the tennis matches but it takes SO much time.
Editing class is so long and so many things that I can't remember and I look it up everyday in Chicago.
Investigative Reporting is terrible. I don't like it, a lot of that is probably because I meet on Tuesdays from 4-6:30.
Law and Ethics, I feel like the only take away I get from that class is: Don't be an idiot. Don't lie. Don't misquote. Don't libel anyone. Don't break any laws. --- Well, duh.
My calling always seem to make me the busiest when it's the most inconvenient.
My personal life I often find in shambles and breaking down lately.
But at the end of the day, what do I really want from life right now? I'm doing the college thing right now. And let's face it. 
Life's tough.


And right now, half of my face is sunburned from sitting in the same direction talking to friends outside for an hour yesterday.
I wish I could say this has never happened to me before ;)

No comments: