Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Love, Grandma

POST SECRET plug of the week.


 This cracked me up. But for reals, don't mess with my Girl Scout Cookies. I myself am partial to the Thin Mints and the Samoas. My mom really likes Samoas. I'm pretty she tries to hide them from us. And I just realized--isn't it Girl Scout Cookie season? Those girls really should come by student housing, they would make bank. Yes, we are poor college students, but we can't say 'no' to freaking Girl Scout Cookies.

 You know, I used to think I didn't really need to tell people my problems and I usually didn't. I still struggle with it. But I was and am so willing to hear someone else's and help them through it. I don't know, I think we depend on people more then we would like to admit, and I think we need to be there for people more then we are.

 I was going to write a short comment on this, but I really can't. It simply speaks for itself.



So, I've also been thinking about many things lately and what I wanted to tale about was this: I'm not a "sharer," but I've found that it's easier to deal when you have said whatever "it" is to someone, anyone, sometimes even just out loud to yourself. And going from talking things out back to holding it in, it becomes more unbearable than it was before. Saying some things aloud makes "it" real,  makes it something you can work through, makes you face it. 

I watch Grey's Anatomy. A lot. That show is like a vacuum, it sucks you in. Anyway, my roommate and I have slowly been going through the seasons in order when we have the time. Each episode (minus a few exceptions) start and end with a monologue voiceover from the main character. I felt like this one applied.



At the end of the day, there are some things you just can’t help but talk about; some things, we just don’t want to hear; and some things we say because we can’t be silent any longer. Some things are more than what you say––they’re what you do. Some things you say, because there’s no other choice. Some things you keep to yourself. And not too often, but every now and then…some things simply speak for themselves.



No comments: