Friday, November 4, 2011

No Shave November

Whew, I made it! These past 2 weeks were ridiculously busy and crazy, more so than just a regular week. I can actually take a breath now.

So, what should we talk about today? Oh yes, I know. It's now November, which means the cold weather has also brought along with it, "No Shave November." Oh boys, oh BYU boys. While, I am a fan of facial hair scruff on some guys, here at BYU we have our oh so nice honor code with strict dress and grooming standards.

For guys at BYU, facial hair is off limits....except for a mustache......why? Why Honor Code authors did you allows this!?!? WHY? Mustaches are no good, I don't care if trenders (yes, I just made that word up) are saying they're "in." They aren't! I realize the hipsters are all over the mustache, but they are CREPPY/make you look like a pedophile, especially when you can't really grow one. It's okay, don't be ashamed. I know you guys have your "things" that make you a real guy, but no one will know you can't grow one unless you try too. This is not just my musings are rants, this is a large number of us sharing these thoughts. You can't pull off the 'stache, no one really can.....except Tom Selleck. Oh November at BYU, I love the fall and the colors, but the mustaches have got to go. Please.


No comments: