Friday, March 18, 2011

All I Have Are the Choices I Make


The other night I went to eat at JCW's [it is dang good] with Kirstin, Johnny, Carly and Holly; after BYU finally beat New Mexico during the MWC Tourny and Jimmer "erupted" with 52 points my group (+ David, Tara and Aubrey met us there) went and saw The Adjustment Bureau. It was glorious.

For those living under the metaphorical rock and haven't heard/don't know what this movie is about-from my dear friends at IMDB: Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us? Matt Damon stars in the thriller The Adjustment Bureau as a man who glimpses the future Fate has planned for him and realizes he wants something else. To get it, he must pursue the only woman he's ever loved across, under and through the streets of modern-day New York. On the brink of winning a seat in the U.S. Senate, ambitious politician David Norris (Damon) meets beautiful contemporary ballet dancer Elise Sellas (Emily Blunt)-a woman like none he's ever known. But just as he realizes he's falling for her, mysterious men conspire to keep the two apart. David learns he is up against the agents of Fate itself-the men of The Adjustment Bureau-who will do everything in their considerable power to prevent David and Elise from being together. In the face of overwhelming odds, he must either let her go and accept a predetermined path...or risk everything to defy Fate and be with her.


Matt Damon is, as always, amazing and to die for ;) And I LOVE Emily Blunt, she is such a talented and funny actress [and her clothes and dresses were amazing]. Plus, we got Jon Stewart and his comedic genius in this movie. This movie is intense and so easy to get into. The dialogue was classic and quick. The action was realistic (minus the whole thing about there being an Adjustment Bureau and the powers they have) and gets your blood pumping. Several times there were exclamations from viewers in theatre (yes, including me).


EVERY character was so great and done so so well. I deemed it worthy of my money and actually went to the "real" theatre and paid the regular price for a movie because I could not wait for it to go to the Provo Dollar Theatre. The characters are real, they grow over the years this movie takes place (which I thought was so amazing how much time this movie spans), it makes you think--really think about your choices, your dreams. Plus The Adjustment Bureau guys, they are craazzzyyyyy. I don't even know, this movie just blew my mind and I want to go see it again. The choices we make, the ripple effect of them on everyone in our life. So amazing, I truly loved every second of this movie.

And I need to get me one of them hats.

No comments: