Saturday, December 4, 2010

Don't Flake Out

You know, I just like a schedule.

I have a daily planner and I use it everyday; I use the calender on my phone, I need these. I like lists, I like plans, I like order. Contrary to popular belief, I do have good time management skills (lets be real though-I'm still a huge procrastinator at times) Not to say that I'm not spontaneous, I'm generally up for anything. However, when I have a plan I like to stick to it.

Does that make me weird or uptight? Whatever, I don't think it does. I just like to plan. I want to know what's going on and keep to what I have planned. So if that makes you think I'm uptight, and no fun or too type-A, well I don't really care. I know what's going on in my life and have time for the things I need to do and want to do.

Which brings me to people who mess up this sense of order I have and crave. I hate flaky people. People who aren't reliable, who aren't courteous, who aren't on time. Who say they'll do something or be somewhere but then call it off. I mean, when I've made a plan and people just mess it all up....ahh! It makes me so very mad. Also, people who say, "I just like to see what happens." Nothing is going to happen unless it's planned on. Things don't just happen. Someone, somewhere is planning it. You don't just get up and go. You have to plan it. Who is going, where you're going, how you're getting there, what you'll need to be successful. This applies to small trips to the movies, to camping trips and vacations, to just life in general. I just don't understand people who don't plan, at least a tiny bit.

Then when you are writing a list and someone (who doesn't make lists) makes fun of you...but then they don't write it down and forget something important (especially when it effects me), couldn't make me more frustrated with you. I plan and make lists because I like to have order, I like to be reliable and dependable and not let people down, I hate it when I forget something I really need or wanted to do. I just loathe when my plans are messed up by the inconsideration of others. It just makes my blood pressure rise.

There comes a time when you have to grow up and stop pissing people
off and become a person who is not flaky. There comes a time when you
need to just start living life a little bit better and stop sucking so much
at it and frustrating others.




Comment on this
if you realized the
colors in this post
were in the order
of a rainbow before
I told you ;)


I just thought it'd be fun

4 comments:

Jess said...

I am the same way!! If it's not in my planner, it is not happening. Period.
And yes, I did realize that the post was in the colors of the rainbow before you told me :) Love it!

Cristen said...

ROYGBV (It used to be ROYGBIV, but indigo got demoted, kind of like Pluto).

Anonymous said...

Cut people some slack. You should stop criticizing how others think, and start looking at how you think.

Put yourself in their shoes and try to understand where people are coming from for once, maybe then you wouldn't be so freaking bitter about everything.

Kell said...

I'm not criticizing how people think. I'm talking about common courtesy, "Anonymous."
Way to say who you are.