Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Another Day in this Carnival of Souls

One of my favorite shows of all time, Criminal Minds, had a great song during an ending and emotional scene. It was one of the best episodes I've ever seen. So, obviously I looked it up. It took a while and I found a super creepy song in my searching, but I eventually found it. It's Far From Home by Five Finger Death Punch (yeah, I don't get the name either). They are a heavy metal band. I know, what? You're confused. It's the only song of theirs I like, because it's not really heavy metal, it's a power ballad (and the only one they have it seems) and it is AMAZING. I've listened to it a lot over the past week, in fact...yup, you guessed it, I'm listening to it right now (along with the Christmas Channel and the Country Christmas Channel on Pandora, and yes, I listen country music, it's what I grew up with and love).



The other thoughts on my mind now are
I AM FINISHED WITH FINALSSSS!!!!!!
Thank goodness. I am so done with this
semester & am so ready to go home and
also, I am so very ready for Christmas!!!


FAR FROM HOME LYRICS (in case you wanted them..I know you do!)

Another day in this carnival of souls
Another night's sands end as quickly as it goes
The memories are shadows, ink on the page
And I can't seem to find my way home

And it's almost like your heaven's trying everything
Your heaven's trying everything to keep me out

All the places I've been and things I've seen
A million stories that made up a million shattered dreams
The faces of people I'll never see again
And I can't seem to find my way home

'Cause it's almost like your heaven's trying everything to break me down
'Cause it's almost like your heaven's trying everything to keep me out

'Cause it's almost like your heaven's trying everything to break me down
'Cause it's almost like your heaven's trying everything
Your heaven's trying everything to break me down
To break me down, to break me down

Your heaven's trying everything
Your heaven's trying everything to break me down

No comments: