Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sunday Will Come

"I am asking that we stop seeking out

the storms and enjoy more fully the

sunlight" -Gordon B. Hinckley


I have SO many thoughts and feelings jumping all over the place right now that I can barely function. Now I wish I actually wasn't all caught up on watching my shows online because that's one of the only times I can forget about everything else in my life. I was thinking of going running, most people say it clears their minds but when I run is when I do my thinking, so that'd be no bueno right now because I just want a break. I might still do it though. But mostly I'm looking forward to watching Criminal Minds or Cougar Town tonight. Why do all my shows come on at the SAME TIME!? I want to write about a million different things but can't stay on a train of thought long enough to keep to one topic and if I don't, it will be the longest blog post ever conceived by man. I have to wait a while to think through a lot of things to the end before I can do that.

But, I did realize I did have one Post Secret from last week that I liked.
It wasn't the best week in my opinion. I just liked this one, because, lets be real, that would basically be the best gift ever. And this picture has one of my favorite secrets ever->


All I can say right now, is that I have SUCH great friends. And I have found so many great friends and examples to me here at BYU. I used to not want to come to BYU, but I can't imagine not being here. I don't know where I would be (literally and figuratively) if I wasn't here. I'm learning more and more everyday the huge importance of family, friends that build you up, and having a strong and firm belief...in anything for you life. For me, it is my religion. And I'm so grateful for what I know and believe and the support I get from it in times when I so desperately need it.

"Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays. But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come. No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. In this life or the next, Sunday will come." - Joseph B. Wirthlin

"God the Father watches over us, fills our hearts with breathtaking joy, brightens our darkest hours with blessed peace, distills upon our minds precious truths, shepherds us through times of distress, rejoices when we rejoice, and answers our righteous petitions." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude."-Joseph B. Wirthlin

"We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won’t, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming." - Joseph B. Wirthlin


I've always really liked quotes from Uchtdorf, I can pay the best attention when he is talking, but I really wish I had made myself pay closer attention to Wirthlin when he talked. His "Sunday will come" quote has made it into my top 5 favorite quotes of all time.


No comments: