Saturday, October 9, 2010

I didn’t think it would count. I was just a little bi-curious.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. I know, I said I would never ever see it. By far the most stupid and ridiculous movie I have ever seen in my entire existence. I mean, I'm pretty sure that's what the director was going for. Stupid, corny, and lame. I say this and one would think I didn't like the movie. Now, I will never see it again willingly, but that doesn't mean I wasn't laughing my head off for most of the movie. It was funny and stupid, which was the point of the movie. I liked most of the characters, they were just ridiculous and funny. Michael Cera (my favorite role of his still and forever will remain George Michael from Arrested Development) is Scott Pilgrim, with sister Stacy played by Anna Kindrick-I'm a fan, and her character is funny. Also, Scott's gay roommate Wallace (Kieran Culkin) is super funny. Just really pay attention to all the characters lines, they're all great. And Mary Elizabeth Winstead, as love interest Romana Flowers. She was weird, and I freaking loved her. So, the story goes boy meets girl, girl has 7 evil exes of whom boy must defeat so they can be together...but don't forget about his girlfriend too. I'm pretty sure I got stupider watching it, but if you just accept that's dumb and move past it, you can enjoy the hilariousness. It's nonsense, it's funny. It's comic book meets video game and slapped on the silver screen. That's all there is too it. Oh-and there are some most excellent quotes. So, point of story. Will I buy the DVD? Most likely not. Am I glad I saw it? Yes. Was it one of the funniest things ever? It's up there. Should you go see it? Probably.


"Guess who's drunk!" "I guess Wallace." "You guess right!"

"He punched the highlights out of her hair! "



"We are Sex Bob-Omb and we are here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff."

"You just headbutted my boyfriend so hard he burst."

No comments: