Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Its only when we wake up then we realize that something was actually strange


Inception, what did you think? I don't think I liked it as much as everyone else has, but it's still a very good movie. I like it. Delving into people's innermost thoughts and ideas, into their subconscious's while they, and you are asleep, in the dream world. It's a very intricate movie, not necessarily plot-wise, but detail-wise, how the movie plays out. It keeps you on your toes, trying to keep track of everything. Definitely not a movie to see with a chatty friend. Leonardo DiCaprio, main character; and in all his movies he's a dynamic character-a past, secrets, trauma, etc. Doesn't it seem like his characters alway gets the short end of the stick in life? He really is kind of the only dynamic character in the movie however. I can only remember his and a very few number of other names of the characters. The rest are mostly just there, part of the plot. There are no real feelings of attachment. Ellen Page is one that I do remember her characters name, mainly because it was more her that brought me to the movie than DiCaprio did actually. Who can ever forget Juno? It's a favorite movie of mine. Ariadne (Page) is the other main character, but like I said, not really dynamic. She is however important in helping the dynamic of DiCaprio's character, Cobb. You also get another look at 500 Days of Summer's Joseph Gordon-Levitt; he and the third guy are both pretty B.A. and funny. It was a very exciting movie though and mentally intriguing. There was a long discussion of the movie afterwards. With a movie like this I am sure the ending was guessed before it came, but I won't tell. There is talk among viewers, Inception 2?It's one of those movies meant to keep you thinking, to rethink what you thought about your dreams. I love my dreams, even though it's super annoying trying to remember them! And the harder you try, the more they slip away. They are fleeting, they are revealing, confusing, normal, or absurd. The central theme of the dreams is interesting, what the characters have to say on dreams is really interesting too. There are some excellent quotes. So, Inception 2? I vote nay. Besides, don't you want Christopher Nolan working on Batman 3? It's a good movie, action, suspense, high stakes, taking chances, a little fear and some good humor; thought provoking, Goosebump book ending. It's not quite on my DVD list though yet.

(Her ears aren't actually pierced, and I'm not the only one who noticed)



You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious.
Our dreams, they feel real while we're in them right? Its only when we wake up then we realize that something was actually strange.
Let me ask you a question, you, you never really remember the beginning of a dream do you? You always wind up right in the middle of what's going on.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

best movie everrrrrr