Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blowing Bubbles at Walmart

Okay, let's be real, I'm not going to post every Sunday about Post Secret, because sometimes I don't have time or I don't have a secret I want to write about. However, today is not one of those days (In fact I have 4 I want to share with you, but you should go read all of them!). First off, I bought another Post Secret book, I think it's the first one. So now I have two. I tab my favorite ones in the books. (Also, look into Found Magazine;It's similar-ish and pretty cool, I have a book of it that I found (pun intended) when my family moved this summer.

I am sophomore in college and tomorrow is my first day of classes and I am in panic mode almost. I mildly freak out. I can't believe I am back at school and am about to have SO much to do, so many people to meet, so many curves and bumps in the road, ahhh!!!!!! Also, this kind of reminded my of when I would move, the first day of school is awkward and lonely and scary and it blows hardcore. But the absolute worse was lunch on the first day of school. You know the movie, Mean Girls? She eats in the bathroom all alone. Now, I never did that, but you get the gist, it's the worst part of the day...like the worst part of the year, it's super awkward and rarely have I felt more alone. But, I have to give it up to humanity, kids in school are generally pretty accepting and lunch only really sucks the first day.

This one was actually ironic that it was posted this week. My roommates in my apartment we're all talking about this a few days ago. And when I say 'this,' I mean relationships (friendships, family, and romantic ones, all of them). Relationships have to be of equal sacrifice and equal dependancy and independence. It's a 2-way street. You both have to give and receive, you both need to take the other into consideration, you both need to be aware of their feelings and ask about them. If one side is doing everything, is doing all the sacrificing, doing all the giving up...if you give everything up for someone, you'll lose yourself and you won't be happy. So to me, it's like she lost herself and when she left them, she found herself again and got back to her passion, or hobby or whatever, of painting, which made her who she is and happy.

This one makes me smile because I kind of picture a Mom or Dad with their little kid and loving them so much and just to watch them be so happy and content with blowing bubbles that cost .99 cents at WalMart, and it brings them so much joy and they are innocent and nothing bad has happened to them yet. They haven't been dumped yet, they haven't struggled over tests yet, they haven't gotten in fights with their friends yet, life hasn't jaded them or anything, and wanting them to never be hurt. They only know the good in life and that is beautiful. Also, I really just LOVE Walmart. I never leave there unhappy, it's the best. And I myself have blown bubbles in many a Walmart parking lots that my mom had just bought me.

This one is so simple and so true to every single one of us. We are all terrified or something in this life. We are all uncertain and apprehensive about something and no one knows what life will bring, but we all suck it up and keep living life, because life, even though there are dark times when you can't see one ray of sunlight, life is great and life is fun and wonderful and it's all about what you are doing and who you are doing it with.

No comments: