Monday, June 7, 2010

You need not to find a cure for everything that makes you weak

I don't know if you all know what Post Secret is but I LOVE it. I think it's great. It's is an ongoing community mail art project, created by Frank Warren, in which people mail their secrets anonymously on a homemade postcard. Select secrets are then posted on the PostSecret website, or used for PostSecret's books or museum exhibits. Every Sunday more secrets are posted on the Post Secret Website. I read it EVERY Sunday, I look forward to it so much and has really become a big part of my weekly life. I think it's a great thing and has evolved into a positive force for a lot of people. I think it's cathartic. Some secrets are sad, happy, funny, disturbing, liberating, etc. I've always wanted to mail some in. Of course, some are probably fake, but what does it really matter if it helps someone who reads it. I think people have found a lot of camaraderie with others they don't know and will never meet that have made them feel less alone in the world, have made them realize we all go through things in our lives that make us stronger, make us laugh, make is cry, make us happy. I think after every Sunday I'm going to try to remember to post my favorite one from that week. And try to say why it's my favorite. Also, I really want all 5 Post Secret books for my birthday next month so I can read all of them.

From Sunday, June 6 2010



I like this one because it's kind of saying that no matter what happens in our lives, no matter how old we get we, we don't have to lose the kid inside us and child-like innocence we all once had. We're never to old too have fun, we're never too old to lose our imagination and we're never too old to stop dreaming.


Also, the title ^ was a secret submitted a long time ago too.


No comments: