Monday, June 28, 2010

Scars remind us that the past is real

Okay, first post in the new house. Saturday AM I drove away from my home and my life I'd had for 3 years. It had been some of the best times in my life, some of the hardest, some of the most rewarding. Everyone is so ready to get out of that small town, but let me tell you something-there aren't a lot of places better. You can't find what is there many places. Don't be in such a hurry to leave, I wish I din't have too. I already miss everyone so much and I always will. I never have had to, myself, physically drive away before to move. It made me a little sick. And then I almost died when a semi truck moved into MY lane and ran me half way off the interstate. FREAKING IDIOT. I was so pissed. Other than that, and getting some amazing Rita's ice cream that I waited 3 long yearsss for, the ride was mostly uneventful. I do love driving, sunglasses one-radio up. Good times. Too bad it was under the worst circumstances ending in my relocation for like 10th time.


But anyway. Yesterday was Sunday (ugh guess what time my church freaking starts out down here? 1:30. Suuucccckkkk). Anyway, Sunday, so obviously that means POST SECRET! There are always so many good ones, you really should start reading them. My excellent friend, Jacqueline, got me hooked on them one night at my house when we were juniors? maybe seniors? in high school and she had one of the books, and we pretty much stayed up all night reading it. This is my favorite this week. People need to be less judging, we can have
no idea what someone has gone through. So, I like this one because we need to be accepting. Scars remind us where we've been, they don't have to dictate where we're going. Whether it's emotional scars on our hearts or physical scars we can see, they are part of our past, and if somebody has overcome the hard times in their past we should accept that and continue to look forward to their future.

No comments: