Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Everything will change. Everything has changed.


I feel like if I write another blog about life it'd be too redundant. But that's the mood I'm in: pondering life, my relationships, my choices, my future. Every choice we make (okay- maybe not every choice-what we choose to eat not so big a deal most of the time), but basically every choice we make is so intertwined with one another and the consequences, good or bad, are so linked with a massive ripple effect throughout our entire lives. When people ask you "If you could change one thing you regret, what would it be?" Well, if we were to change that one thing, that one split second decision, that one minute detail...our entire future would take a different course. You cannot take just one factor out of an equation and expect the same outcome.

On this track of thought, how has my life come to this? Most of it I'm okay with and some I am not. How has my life ended up the way it is, with the people in it, with the things I have done, the relationships I've had and have? The way I am, the way I feel, the dreams I have, the way I view the world and it's inhabitants? How did I get here...through it all, good times and rough times? There is no one answer; it's a culmination of events, experiences and choices-good and bad, smart and dumb. So, I wouldn't be able to say it's one choice I regret (though trust me, I have a few I wish I could change with all my heart). It's the choices I made that hurt myself the most, my family or my friends. The choices I made rashly or in anger or in spite. The times I didn't stand up for myself and what I believed or for others. And after the choice has been made, there is no going back, don't ever stop. There is nothing wrong with looking back as long as it's only a glance. You have to keep moving forward no matter how rough things are. "With what kind of attitude, more than the choices themselves, is what will define the context of your life." Say what you need to, and do what you need to do.......and maybe I should take my own advice.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Ok, weird. I just posted something very simmilar! I love reading your blog! We really must get together when you come back!