Monday, May 31, 2010

Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul


Memorial Day is kind of a big deal, especially for me. I have a Dad, brother, several uncles and cousins and Grandparents who are serving and have served in several branches of the Armed Forces. My family also has many (well, actually most) family friends that are military. I have a lot of friends in the Army (a few are actually deployed right now) and I have even more friends in ROTC programs at several universities and at West Point. My entire life has revolved around the military. I am so proud of all those who serve our great country and for the sacrifices they and their make to keep us free and safe. Those that I have known that have made the ultimate sacrifice for this country and never made it home will never be forgotten by me and I am so grateful for their sacrifice. They are truly loved and missed. Never forget what Memorial Day is really about-it's not just a day off from school/classes. I went mini golfing & go-karting with my family today and the young guy that worked there, like early 20's, asked my Dad if he was military and thanked him for his service and gave us a good deal for the cost of what we were doing. Usually I only see older people do that and I am glad that some people in my generation still understand and it was nice. I am so grateful for all the veterans, especially those in my family and my friends. I am honored to know you and am so proud of you. They are courageous and so great and deserve our utmost respect.



"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die."
-G.K. Chesterton

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

kellbell i love this. say thanks to your family for me today ok?

Kell said...

Thanks bro, I will.

ps-lol I read your blog -I shop at UO and am definitely NOT indie -your blog layout is different every .2 seconds lol