Friday, February 26, 2010

Did you look in the mirror today?

So, my friend Caitlin made a blog today and since I have a lot of opinions she said I should make one too. So here it is. She also said my first post should be about matching so here it goes.

I just think people should wear matching clothes, is that really to hard to ask? Those people who wear outrageous clothes are just d-bags who want attention. I mean seriously? Did you look at yourself in the mirror and say, "heck yes, I look good"? No, I don't think that happens. People just end up looking retarded. And I'm not saying a specific "look" doesn't look good. It applies to all dress whether it be prep, indie, athletic, business, whatever. You need to match! You are not a 3 year old, who, when they dress themselves for the first time and look ridiculous it's cute and your parents whip out the camera to document this major milestone in your life. You are, if you are reading this, capable of looking at your clothes and seeing if they go together. I mean there are some looks I don't care for like goth (because really you don't wear black on black. Just like you don't wear gray on gray or blue on blue, etc.) There are probably, no at this time, I can only think of 2 people I know who don't match sometimes but because of who they are, it works for them. They are special, they know who I am talking about, and it is not you. I am very meticulous about what I am wearing, even if it is just soccer shorts and a t-shirt with flip-flops, if you take a half second to look you'll see it all matches. Also, just wear normal clothes. But you want to stand out! False, I don't buy it. If you have no personality to match your clothes no one is going to care that you have the latest brown boots with skinny jeans 'rockin' a black low cut shirt (which would not match for all those who think that is a normal outfit) or if your pants are pink and your shirt is purple. I think a lot of un-matching would be taken care of if people were aware of that stripes don't go with plaid, purple and navy don't match, you don't wear casual or semiformal articles of clothing with sweats, black and brown DO NOT match (probably the most important one), and generally, your belt and shoes need to be the same color. Leave the bright orange coat, neon pants, and furry boots at home.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Was it really a major milestone in ANYONE'S life when they dressed themselves for the first time and didn't match?